Big Maths is your whole school solution to the entire primary maths curriculum!
Following the success of the CLIC framework in Primary Schools around the world, we were inundated with requests to apply the same logical approach to skills on the wider maths curriculum. This culminated in the release of SAFE maths which contains every skill and step of learning children need to embed as they journey through Primary School.
The Definitive Assessment Framework Book contains every Progress Drive and Step a child journeys through for the entire Primary maths curriculum. It also contains a site licensed DVD disc to access a large amount of additional resources across school. We recommend that schools purchase 1-3 copies of the book per school, depending on your size. This will act as a reference document for all staff members and will be your whole-school maths policy.
‘The Definitive Assessment Framework for Primary Mathematics’ contains:
- an introduction to Core Numeracy;
- an introduction to Outer Numeracy;
- a thorough description of the assessment process in Big Maths;
- the CLIC Progress Drives;
- the Little Big Maths Progress Drives;
- the Outer Numeracy Progress Drives: SAFE, Column Methods and Dangerous Maths;
- the Big Maths Beat That! Challenges: CLIC Challenges, Learn Its Challenges, SAFE Challenges and Numeracy Nailed Challenges;
- the Big Maths Planning document which shows what to teach in which term for Core and Outer Numeracy;
- all of the Progress Drives and Steps for A-CLIC,CLIC, SAFE, Column Methods and Dangerous Maths as a PDF;
- teacher notes for the SAFE Challenge question steps; and
- assessment proformas to track each child’s performance accurately and against national expectations..
The accompanying disc contains country specific content including planning and curriculum mapping. We will send out the suitable disc for your school.