The Big Writing Lesson Plan book contains 12 generic lesson plans for Big Writing that may be used in any of the following ways:
- Consecutively to ‘get a novice going’ and give confidence.
- As a full year’s teaching programme for Big Writing.
- Use ‘Next Time…’ notes at the end of each lesson plan to adapt for reuse
- To complement work across the wider curriculum, through the adaption of lessons, as noted at the end of many plans.
- As occasional lessons in a programme of school-planned Big Writing that works to the school’s literacy programme and / or ‘Creative Curriculum’.
Every lesson plan shares the same objectives:
Objective 1: To widen children’s vocabulary.
Objective 2: To raise standards in writing.