Oxford Primary Reading Assessment provides an effective, whole-school approach to reading assessment and book choice, in line with the expectations of the 2014 English National Curriculum, and other UK curricula.
- Assesses all aspects of reading from Reception/P1 right through to Year 6/P7 using the Oxford Reading Criterion Scale.
- Provides detailed exemplification to help teachers understand the new expectations.
- Facilitates the recording of pupil attainment and progress tracking, using a clear and consistent approach.
- Enables teachers to develop their subject knowledge, to better inform next steps for children.
- Helps with choosing appropriate books using the Oxford Levels and Oxford BookMatch.
- Helps prepare pupils for the new National Reading Tests with sample questions included.
This book contains the updated Reading Criterion Scale/Standards for Reading Assessment which is now known as the Oxford Reading Criterion Scale. The Oxford Reading Criterion Scale is available as part of this publication; as part of an Oxford Owl Online subscription; or though Big Reading conference and INSET training from Andrell Education.